James Faulkner damaged hotel property after sensationally leaving PSL over payment disputes

Australian all-rounder James Faulkner has withdrawn from the rest of the 2022 Pakistan Super League (PSL) after accusing the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) of not ‘honouring’ his contractual agreement. Faulkner was part of the Quetta Gladiators managed by Sarfaraz Ahmed, who still have two matches to play in the league phase.

According to sources familiar with the development, the Pakistani council had deposited Faulkner’s fee into its own account. But if the reports are to be believed, the all-rounder wanted the charges to be credited to another account. When the pcb asked Faulkner to return the money so he could deposit the money in the other account, Faulkner refused.

According to the sources, Faulkner also demanded extra money from the Gladiators. Additionally, before abruptly leaving the PSL, Faulkner damaged PC hotel property while under the influence of alcohol. Later, he had to pay the fine for the damage.

Faulkner also allegedly mishandled security personnel, who escalated the issue to higher authorities.

The PCB had previously paid Faulkner 70% of his fees. Under the terms of the contract, the Pakistani board had told the players that the remaining 30% of the fee would be transferred 40 days after the tournament ended.

ALSO READ: Simon Katich Sensationally Leaves SRH

I’m sure you all understand my position: James Faulkner

Before leaving Pakistan, Faulkner posted a few tweets, expressing his anguish over the whole affair. He also accused the PCB of lying to him about some issues. Faulkner didn’t mince words when he said the PCB’s treatment of him was a “disgrace.”

“I apologize to Pakistani cricket fans. But unfortunately I had to withdraw from the last 2 games and leave @thePSLt20 as @TheRealPCB failed to honor my contract agreement/payments. I have been here throughout and they kept lying to me,” Faulkner wrote.

“It hurts to leave as I wanted to help bring international cricket back to Pakistan as there is so much young talent and the fans are amazing. But the treatment I received was a disgrace from @TheRealPCB and @thePSLt20, I’m sure you all understand my position,” he added.

Comments are closed.